Individuals are encouraged and controlled into limiting their responses more and more through social media — limiting their circles of influence and friendships — by hardening character armour and becoming cliches, shallow and representations of themselves. In other words social media encourages individuals to close their minds.
The multiple user name / open login project is designed to do this:
Firstly we intervene on the General Intellect: by sharing identities we disrupt the surveillance of social media. tagging ourselves as Tae Ateh, Timóteo Pinto, TimóTae Pinteh, Sarah Gulik (or other shared identities) we disrupt the facial recognition algorithms used to identify us. Using a login shared also disrupts the algorithms used to predict and influence behaviour both online and offline.
Secondly we manifest as the Human Species Being: by sharing our production we, as workers, become able to empathise more with each other. By sharing identity we can take on each others manners, habits, intimate thoughts and therefore transcend as well as share our own.
Thirdly we can identify more with non-human workers — namely the internet and technology that we are using and is being used to use us. Data moshing and data bending is like the chaos acting on the perfektion of the computers.
Since identities are Binaries and Hex codes, that put together makes reality. Or at least a digital version of it. The spectacle. The idea of moving some binaries some 1s and 0s from one place do another, in order to glitch identity and making it look chaotic, is like a Golden Apple from modernity.
Some instructions in challenging times:
- 1. Don’t use your name;
- 2. Remember your ego is a regime and is much more dangerous than any entity or organisation in the perceived external world;
- 2b. Remember the external world is a regime and is much more dangerous than any entity or organisation in your perceived ego;
- 3. Focus on awareness, not your mental state;
- 4. Keep your message fnord; the ego wants you to be this and not that because this is the soil from which your sense of self identity will grow;
- 5. No more helpless/hopeless talk. No more; no less.
- 6. Support artists and the arts;
- 7. Be careful when you spread fake news. Check it. Is it real? Is it lulzworthy?
- 8. Take care of yourselves.
- 8a. Nothing is real. Everything is permitted.
- 8b. Keep your laser handy!
- 9. Resist the temptation to believe in all this bullshit!
- 10. At the end of the day, ALL YOU HAVE is your S.H.I.T. , so use it wisely.
This document is written by REproductiVe wOrkers and Lovers indUsTrIal uniON (REVOLUTION) — a one-person organisation with only one member: Tae Ateh — a Multiple-User name begun in Belarus by the Asemic International but spread to Brazil, England and beyond. And later remixed, glitched, mindfucked, copywronged by Timoteo Pinto, a Multiple-User name originated from the Brazilian Discordian Society, MultiCabal of the Very Confused.
Contact Tae Ateh:
00 44 (0) 7947 734 736
CLASS, Arjuna, 12 Mill Road, Cambridge CB1 2AD